Eligibility & Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible for FUNDrive®?
Our goal is to help local nonprofits such as schools, sports teams, community groups, and other charitable organizations in the US and Canada generate revenue to support their missions.
FUNDrive® groups must be a nonprofit and/or charitable organization that is in compliance with all applicable laws.
In the U.S. the group must also be registered as tax-exempt with the Internal Revenue Service. This includes, but is not limited to, 501(c)(3) organizations.
Following are common questions asked by organizations about the FUNDrive® process.
- Show answer to I want to organize a fundraiser. How do I get started?
Simply click "LEARN MORE" and submit your contact information. A FUNDrive® representative will be in touch soon.LEARN MORE
- Show answer to Is the FUNDrive® program available everywhere?
- FUNDrive® is available where most Savers®, Value Village™, 2nd Ave.™ or Unique® stores are located in the U.S. and Canada. FUNDrive® is not available in Minnesota or Quebec.
- Show answer to What groups can participate in the FUNDrive® program?
- FUNDrive® groups must be a nonprofit and/or charitable organization that is in compliance with all applicable laws. In the U.S. the group must also be registered as tax-exempt with the Internal Revenue Service. This includes, but is not limited to, 501(c)(3) organizations. See our FUNDrive® Philosophy Statement and Guidelines for more information.
- Show answer to What is accepted during a.FUNDrive®?
- A FUNDrive® representative will provide you with specific opportunities available at your local store drop off location. Typically, however, stores are looking to purchase gently used clothing, books, and household goods, and your FUNDrive® should focus on collecting those items. Again, your FUNDrive® representative can provide further details on what your store is currently accepting as FUNDrive® product.
- Show answer to What are your delivery guidelines?
- Nonprofit organizations must provide an accurate bag (clothing) and box (small household items and books) counts and have a pre-scheduled delivery appointment (date and time). To make delivery more convenient, a rental truck allowance is available for deliveries meeting a minimum volume requirement.
Your FUNDrive® representative will provide you with specific dates when you will be required to provide bag (clothing) and box (small household items) counts.
- Show answer to Do you provide a tax receipt? (U.S. only)
- Yes, (U.S. only) a customizable tax receipt template is available in the FUNDrive® toolkit. It is the responsibility of your organization to distribute to your donors.
- Show answer to Why do we have to sign an agreement and provide you with a W-9? (U.S. only)
- The agreement is to ensure all the details of our buy/sell relationship are communicated clearly. The W-9 (U.S. only) is necessary for Savers®/Value Village™/Unique®/2nd Ave.™ to fulfill our federal end-of-year tax reporting requirements.
- Show answer to When will we receive payment for a FUNDrive®?
- FUNDrive® payment will be made directly to the nonprofit organization.
- Show answer to How should we report this payment?
- Any funds received by your organization from Savers®/Value Village™/Unique®/2nd Ave.™ following your FUNDrive® are payment for the purchase of the donated goods that you sell to us. The payment is NOT a donation by Savers®/Value Village™/Unique®/2nd Ave.™. Your organization should obtain its own tax and legal advice with respect to the method of any required reporting on the payment received from Savers®/Value Village™/Unique®/2nd Ave.™.
- Show answer to On average, how much does an organization earn?
- Most organizations earn at least $600 per FUNDrive®.
- Show answer to Do you have additional program guidelines?
- Yes. Please review our FUNDrive® Philosophy Statement and Guidelines to learn more about the FUNDrive® program.
- Show answer to What if I still have questions?
We’re happy to help and will get back to you soon.Contact Us